Hirarchy of Naming Services

Jan Ulbrich ulbrich@hexmac.com
Thu, 5 Jun 97 09:53:56 +0200

Hi Malte,

>I would like to construct a tree of name servers, but i can't find any
>hint how that could be done. (I must admit, that I didn't read the
>whole bunch of OMG's CORBA related documents).
>I understood, that the Naming service itself is (just) another CORBA
>component, so I guess it shouldn't be difficult to interconnect them.

Just use the Nameserver client "nameclt" to bind the remote server to the
local one: "nameclt bind MALTESREMOTENAMESERVERNAME Object
IOR:OBJECTSTRINGYOULIKETOLINK".

Try the following to see if the Nameserver will return your object:
"nameclt resolve MaltesRemoteNameserver Object".

You could also create a new context with "nameclt bind_new_context
MALTESNEWCONTEXT Context".

Hope this helps. Have a nice day, Jan

--
///  Jan Ulbrich - flynn (remember tron?)
o-o  Margarethe von Wrangellweg 1, 89075 Ulm, Germany