OmniORB2 for Windows NT/Alpha

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 17:27:37 +0100

> Is OmniORB2 available for Windows NT on the Digital Alpha
> architecture?  If not, do you know if OmniORB2 will run under
> Digital's FX!32?

We don't know if omniORB2 runs under FX!32 because we do not have any
Alpha/NT box.  Obviously, we have not done the port ourselves.

However, I believe the port is most likely to be a straight forward
compilation.

Off hand I can think of two changes to make:

1. Replace all occurances of _X86_ in <omniORB_2.2.0>/build-win32/*
   to __alpha__.

2. Find out what is the size of a long and an int?
   With Digital's cxx a long is 64 bits and an int is 32 bits.
   You will have to specify this in
     <omniORB_2.2.0>/include/omniORB2/CORBA_sysdep.h

If you are willing to have a go with it, please let us know.

Regards,

Sai-Lai Lo

--
E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND