JavaIdl client with omniNames?

Kim Gillies gillies@noao.edu
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 13:30:46 -0700 (MST)

All,
  Can a JavaIDL-based client access the omniNames name service using
resolve_initial_references?  I can successfully access (limited tests only)
omniNames from a Java client if I narrow the IOR from my omniORB.cfg
file, but when I try resolve_initial_references I get the following:

ERROR : org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST  minor code: 0  completed: No
org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST  minor code: 0  completed: No
        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.Utility.readSystemException(Utility.java:610)
        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.ReplyMessage.unmarshal(ReplyMessage.java:116)
        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.Message.createFromStream(Message.java:282)
        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.IIOPConnection.prefill(IIOPConnection.java:929)
        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.ReaderThread.run(IIOPConnection.java:80)

  I start the client with -ORBInitialPort set to the same port as is in my
omniNames log file (9000).

  Just wondering if anyone else has gotten this to work.  I'm using the 11/24
snapshot of omniOrb.  I also tried with the previous version.

Thanks for any tips,

Kim Gillies
Gemini 8-m Telescopes Project
kgillies@gemini.edu