OmniNames and bind_context

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 14:30:47 -0500

   I recently came across the case where I wanted to bind a context
from one name server as a context in another. I went to try to do this
using nameclt, but it didn't have a bind_context option, so I tried
just using bind instead. The interesting thing is that it actually does
work, but the IOR that I bound is marked as nobject instead of
ncontext. This is not an ideal situation, of course, but at least it
resolves names in it just like it was bound as a context.
   I think it would be useful to have bind_context in nameclt for this
sort of thing. Any chance of getting it into 2.4? (All this was with
2.2.) I don't know if adding external ncontext bindings would
complicate OmniNames or not; I haven't looked at the code.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories