OmniNames vs OrbixWeb3.0

Colin Haxton Colin.Haxton@arena.co.nz
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 07:41:56 +1300

Hi Chris,

We just did this (yesterday) and finally got the client talking to the
server (client on Win95/OrbixWeb3.0 and Server on Linux
RedHat/omniOrb/omniNames).

I came to the some conclusion as you that it was the depth of CosNaming.  I
had a look at what you were suggesting and didn't know where to start so I
created a IOR with the genior (and a bit of tweaking) and this seemed to
work.

As with you I would like to know how to improve  :-)  omniOrb so that I
need not do this in the future.

Hope this helps,

Colin
-------------------------------
Colin Haxton

Arena Consulting Limited
PO Box 40-217
Upper Hutt
New Zealand

Phone: +64 4 528-6250
Fax: +64 4 528-6056
Mobile: +64 25 858-002

Email: Colin.Haxton@arena.co.nz

On Wednesday, 17 December 1997 19:49, Chris Fegan [SMTP:cfegan@lucent.com]
wrote:
> Hi all, I am trying to get my OrbixWeb3.0 client to operate with
omniNames.

> I have this setup working with OrbixWeb2.01fine, but moving to 3.0 has
> caused problems. My current thinking on the problem is that OrbixWeb3.0
> is trying to resolve the naming service to be of type
org.omg.CORBA.CosNaming