Accessing omniORB server through DII

Jan Lessner jan@c-lab.de
Tue, 02 Dec 1997 11:49:32 +0100

Hello everybody
I have problems accessing an omniORB-written server application through
the DII of another CORBA implementation (up to now I tried Orbix and
VisiBroker). Allthough the client application say everything were fine
(oneway call), the server just doesn't react at all. Here's the server's
IDL and the client code:

interface Console {
        oneway void print(in string message);
};

  try {
    CORBA::NamedValue_ptr result;
    CORBA::Any_ptr        resultAny;
    CORBA::Request_ptr 	req;
    CORBA::Any		msg;

    req = obj->_request("print");

    // Create argument to request
    msg <<= (const char *) "Hello World!";
    CORBA::NVList_ptr arguments = req->arguments();
    arguments->add_value( "message" , msg, CORBA::ARG_IN );

    // Set result
    result = req->result();
    resultAny = result->value();
    resultAny->replace( CORBA::_tc_void, &result );

    // Send request
    if (!req->send_oneway()) {
      cerr << "send failed" << endl;
      return 1;
    }
  }

Does anybody see a mistake in my code or is this a known problem?

Regards,

	Jan Lessner, C-LAB