oneway methds & struct members

Andrey Slepuhin pooh@msu.ru
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:14:54 +0400

Hi,

I have the following problems using omniORB:

1) I want to send messages from client to server using server's method

  void AcceptMessage (Message msg);

All works fine and when server occasionally is down I catch
CORBA::SystemException. But when method is declared as "oneway" I get
"Broken pipe" on console instead of catching an exception. Is there a
way
to catch exceptions with "oneway" methods?

2) Let S is a struct with members M1 of type T1 and M2 of type T2. I
have

  S a;
  a.M2 = a.M1;

If T2 is equal to T1 I get correct assignement because necessary
duplication is
done by operator= which is called directly. But if T2 inherits T1,
assignement
consists of to steps: by converting right side to a pointer and by
assigning
this pointer to left side, and in this case no duplication is done. Is
this
a bug or I must differ such two cases?

Andrey Slepuhin,
Moscow State University