omniORB2 performance

Johannes Gutleber Johannes.Gutleber@cern.ch
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:48:09 +0200

Hi!

Does omniorb implement some special detection if objects reside on
the same node or communication is done between the same hardware
architecture? I ask this, because I get very good performance numbers
compared to other orbs, especially when I make communication
within the same machine (factor 10 faster than some other orbs).
When it comes to communication over networks speeds of omniorb compared
to some other orbs get more comparable. Does anyone have a explanation
for this effect?

Hannes
| Johannes Gutleber                                            |
| CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics               |
| Division ECP, Compact Muon Solenoid experiment               |
| CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland                               |
| e-mail: Johannes.Gutleber@cern.ch                            |
| FAX: +41 (22) 767 89 40                                      |