Porting Orbix specific code to omniORB.

Niels Basjes basjes@nlr.nl
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 16:01:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I have some code here which was written using the Orbix specific
function CORBA::Object::_object_to_string().
This was done to obtain a unique ID for an object.

What I'm trying to do is port this code to work with omniORB2.

I know that the CORBA compliant version is
CORBA::ORB::object_to_string(Object_ptr)

I've tried giving the mentioned class a member function
that does "return CORBA::ORB::object_to_string(this);" but that didn't
work (compiler errors).

Can anyone give me hint or solution how I can port this the easiest way ??

Regards,

Niels Basjes

| ir. Niels Basjes             | National Aerospace Laboratory |
| Phone      : +31-20-5113626  | Anthony Fokkerweg 2           |
| E-Mail@NLR : Basjes@NLR.nl   | 1059 CM Amsterdam             |
| E-Mail@Home: Niels@Basjes.nl | The Netherlands               |