[omniORB-dev] Revision control system for omniorb

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:31:42 GMT 2009

Hi Duncan

I did a search in the archive and didn't find a previous discussion
about this so thought I'd bring it up.

While I have used CVS in the long distant past I've pretty much
forgotten all about it and find it really hard to use now (well, I
guess there's a reason new VCSes came along).  So I was wondering if
you would consider changing the VCS to something more modern.

cvs->svn is probably the most tested VCS migration path and subversion
is also supported by sourceforge.  But if you'd want to move to a DVCS
that wouldn't be a bad choice either.

My initial motivation for this mail is that I know the patch for
CFLAGS I'm using is actually different then the one I've sent you and
you said you modified the patch too.  So I was trying to figure out
the changes you made and compare them to see what to do next with this
but it turned out to be a very painful and what seemed to me
needlessly long excercise (in the end I gave up on CVS and used the
snapshot but with that lost the revision info and got too many diffs).

Anyway, would you be up for migrating the VCS to something newer (and
friendlier)?

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom