[omniORB-dev] CORBA server configuration (NAT and non NAT)

bernardma bernard.marquez at free.fr
Tue Dec 4 09:17:18 GMT 2007

I have a corba server running on xx.xx.xx.xx machine on the port 5001

I try to access it from two machines:
- case 1: the machine see the corba server with the same IP xx.xx.xx.xx
- case 2: the machine see the corba server after a network address
translation with the IP yy.yy.yy.yy

if I configure the corba server with the option:
-ORBendPoint giop:tcp:xx.xx.xx.xx:5001
case 1 works but case 2 fails

if I configure the corba server with the options:
-ORBendPointNoPublish giop:tcp:xx.xx.xx.xx:5001
-ORBendPointNoListen giop:tcp:yy.yy.yy.yy:5001
case 1 fails, and case 2 works

Is there a way to configure the corba server to be able to access it from
the two machines ?

thanks

Bernard