[omniORB-dev] porting to I64 OpenVMS

Tomas Stehlik tstehlik at pikeelectronic.com
Sun Nov 12 23:07:03 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have builded OmniORB 4.0.6 on OpenVMS 8.3 AXP. It was necessary just add
mms files for this version 8_3. I build it with Python 1.5.2 and it works
fine.

Now I am porting OmniORB 4.0.7 on Itanium OpenVMS 8.3. I use Python 2.3.5
(from JPF pcsi instalation kits) and build it without SHAREABLE_IMAGES.

There is used Python script cxxshareableimage.py to create automatically
option file for linker to publish entry points, but it doesn’t work with new
versions of C++ that put some more info in mangling DB.

Thre is also necessary correct CORBA_sysdep_trad.h

#elif defined(__ia64__)

#  define _OMNIORB_HOST_BYTE_ORDER_ 0

0 is maybe ok for HP UX but for OpenVMS there should be 1 - little endian is
default option for it’s C++.

Now I try to solve some deadlock problem that occurs in OMNINAMES when
EG3_IMPL is stoped and started again, OMNINAMES doesn’t respons to it’s GIOP
requests bind.

Is there anybody else porting OmniORB to I64 OpenVMS or somebody who can
help me?

Tomas

--
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.