[omniORB-dev] Patch providing new omniORB 4.0.5 SSL certificate management options

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Sep 21 13:24:04 BST 2005

On Wednesday 3 August, Jonathan Biggar wrote:

> Attached is a patch to omniORB 4.0.5 that provides two new features:

[...]
> 2.  Adds a peeridentity() function to giopConnection that returns the
> subject name embedded in the peer's certificate if the connection is
> running over SSL and a certificate was received.  Otherwise it returns
> a null pointer.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. I checked in most of your changes a
while ago. The only thing I haven't done in the omni4_0_develop branch
is to add the peeridentity() virtual function to giopConnection. To do
that would break binary compatibility in the omniORB library. I have
added the function in the omni4_1_develop branch.