[omniORB-dev] how to configure omniORB-4.0.6 on Red Hat Linux

Venkata Swamy M swamy_medhassu at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 22:18:58 BST 2005

Hi,

I have to work on omniORB-4.0.6 package in order to develop CORBA application iin C++.
I had tried both ways (Auto Conf & Manual) to install this package, but I did not get success in doing so.

The following problem I found while setting up "OmniNames", when I was executed a command
"$ omniNames -start &" at the command prompt (i.e., $OMNIORB_TOP/build/):

 omniNames:error while loading shared libraries: libomniORB4.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I will be happy If you would have helped me in this regard.

Thanking you,

Regards,
M V Swamy.