[omniORB-dev] omniINSPOA and wstring support

David Berry david.berry at trigenix.com
Thu Jan 29 13:03:29 GMT 2004

I'm having problems setting up an OmniOrb python server so that it
supports wstrings.

We are using OmniPy 2.3, OmniOrb 4.0.3, Windows 2000.

We are currently using the omniINSPOA to connect the client to the
server and get
the following error when trying to send wstring information to the server.

BAD_PARAM: Minor: BAD_PARAM_WCharTCSNotKnown, COMPLETED_NO.

In some earlier e-mail on the mailing list it suggested looking at the
ior and using catior
to print the ior.

Going back to the example echo client if you print the IOR using the
existing sample
code and send it to catior it comes back with,

omniORB: Distribution date: Fri Nov 21 17:39:25 GMT 2003 dgrisby
omniORB: Information: the omniDynamic library is not linked.
Type ID: "IDL:Echo:1.0"
Profiles:
1. IIOP 1.2 10.0.0.101 1455 POA(root) 0x00000000  (4 bytes)
            TAG_ORB_TYPE omniORB
            TAG_CODE_SETS char native code set: ISO-8859-1
                          char conversion code set: UTF-8
                          wchar native code set: UTF-16
                          wchar conversion code set: UTF-16

Then using this code to activate the connection,

# Create an omniINSPOA
poa_ins = orb.resolve_initial_references("omniINSPOA")
pman_ins = poa_ins._get_the_POAManager()
pman_ins.activate()

server_ref = poa_ins.activate_object_with_id("EchoRoot", ei)
print "ref", orb.object_to_string(server_ref)

catior gives us back,

omniORB: Distribution date: Fri Nov 21 17:39:25 GMT 2003 dgrisby
omniORB: Information: the omniDynamic library is not linked.
IOR is a nil object reference.

Is there some configuration we need to do to get the wstring support
using omniINSPOA?
Thanks for any help,

Dave

--