[omniORB-dev] ThreadPoll model problems

Serguei Kolos Serguei.Kolos at cern.ch
Mon Feb 23 13:05:22 GMT 2004

Just one more thing, which I discovered recently. Al what I described in
my previous messages happens only if I have threadPoolWatchConnection
set to 0. So finally the settings, which cause the problem are:

1. threadPerConnectionPolicy 0
    threadPoolWatchConnection 0
    maxServerThreadPoolSize 4
    All the rest is set to default values.
    RESULT: The server hangs at shutdown
    NOTE: Setting the maxServerThreadPoolSize to 5 or greater value
solves the problem, but this
    is not what I want.

2. threadPerConnectionPolicy 0
    threadPoolWatchConnection 0
    maxServerThreadPerConnection 1
    All the rest is set to default values.
    RESULT: The client hangs trying to communicate with the server.
    NOTE: Setting the maxServerThreadPerConnection to 2 or greater value
solves the problem, but this
    this again not what I want.