[omniORB-dev] omni4_1_develop Build Patch

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Feb 20 17:13:31 GMT 2004

On Thursday 19 February, Gary Duzan wrote:

>    Attached is a patch which includes the changes I had to make to get
> the current omni4_1_develop branch code to compile on my RedHat 7.3 box.
> The ServantBase changes were necessary to get activate_servant_with_id()
> to work. The OverflowError shows up with Python 1.5.2 when the number
> is greater than 2^31. I tested the change and got the same thing (modulo
> case) under Python 1.5.2 as an unmodified version using Python 2.2. And
> the unambiguous call doesn't take a gscope, so that had to go.

Thanks Gary. I've checked in your fixes. The OverflowError thing was
already fixed in the 4_0_develop branch, so I used the code from
there. The code you proposed looked a bit odd to me. ;-)

In general, there are quite a lot of fixes that have been made to the
4_0_develop branch that I haven't yet merged into 4_1_develop, so you
may encounter other old issues.