[omniORB-dev] omniORBpy and an Interface Repository

Kevin Wooten kwooten at itracs.com
Wed Sep 17 15:48:13 BST 2003

Hello,

This is a question probably aimed at Duncan, but any input is
appreciated.

Does CORBA have a spec. for getting IDL definitions from an interface
repository? I am interested in the ability for omniORBpy to connect to
an IR and "download" some definitions to use. I know it does not support
that natively but I am going to add something like it. I am just
gathering input and wondering if OMG has already thought of this (since
I am not very familiar with the myriad of specs they have).

As far as implementation goes; would the best way be to copy, or use,
the omniORBpy's dynamic compilation to get definitions into a running
system?

Thanks,
Kevin