[omniORB-dev] Enhancement proposal to cxxAPI in omniORBpy

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen at trema.com
Tue Sep 16 17:00:19 BST 2003

Hello,

Yesterday I posted to omniorb list about a deadlock / hanging threads
when doing a python extension that calls CORBA::ORB_init from C++.

The problem stemmed from that fact that cxxAPI will call ORB_init
again, as omniPy::orb is not initialized.

I propose a new function to cxxAPI, called
cxxSetOmniPyORB(CORBA::ORB_ptr).  This could be used in the situation
where an existing non-omniORBpy aware orb needs to be used.

I've included the patches here.  These are quite minimal, and don't
modify existing functionality, only add to it.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Harri