[omniORB-dev] Re: [omniORB] Client side leak in release build using CORBA::any

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Tue Nov 4 23:03:14 GMT 2003

On the 15th of April, 2002, David Hyde wrote:

>This message was written a while a go and I have resolved the issue, though
>not completely to my satisfaction.
>
>Yes,  everything is linked to the correct libraries - I've been over these
>with a fine tooth comb.  What eventually fixed the problem was to remove the
>reference to msvcstub.lib (and msvcstubd.lib in the debug build) and the
>problem went away!  Note that the leak was only seen in applications that
>dealth with CORBA::any.

I also encountered such memory leaks when I inadvertantly linked in
msvcstub.lib to my application.  It was very tedious to debug this
problem, since my code was actually not at fault (only my linking).

A suggestion: how about the dummy functions in msvcstub.lib actually
throw an exception, or at least log an error message?  Then if ever they
are called, the problem will be quickly obvious.  This might save some
other poor soul from much agony.

Regards,
Luke.