[omniORB-dev] omniORB and valuetypes...

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue May 27 21:40:20 BST 2003

On Tuesday 27 May, Daniel Greenblatt wrote:

> I tried to compile IDL that contained valuetypes (using a dev version
> of omniORB and omniorbpy checked out on May 22nd), and received the
> following traceback:

[...]
>   File "./omniidl/idlast.py", line 1027, in accept
>   File "./omniidl_be/python.py", line 1701, in visitValue
> AttributeError: Value instance has no attribute 'statemembers'

Strange. Did you definitely do make; make install in the omniORB tree
as well as the omniORBpy tree?  I added the new statemembers() method
to the Value object, but you don't seem to have picked it up. The
version of src/tool/omniidl/python/omniidl/idlast.py you have should
be 1.20.2.2. The fact that idlast.py line 1027 for you is the accept
function shows that you have the wrong version, since it's on line
1044 now.