[omniORB-dev] Cleaning up compilation warnings, question

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:44:48 +0100

I'm in the process of compiling omniORB4 CVS snapshot on an Itanium
machine, with RedHat Linux Advanced Server, using a recent gcc 3.3
snapshot.

Pretty much everything seems to compile (after my earlier vprintf
autoconf fix), but I'm getting tons of compilation warnings, things
like:

../../../../../src/tool/omniidl/cxx/idlast.cc:1807: warning: `IDL_Long
label'
   might be used uninitialized in this function

../../../../../include/omniORB4/dynAny.h:205: warning: cast to pointer
from
   integer of different size

I decided to clean these up as much as I can.  My question is should I
sent the patches to this list, omniorb-list, or directly to someone?

Regards,

Harri