[omniORB-dev] Bug: HAVE_VPRINTF missing from autoconf

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:47:22 +0100

Hello,

Compiling omniORB4 CVS snapshot with gcc 3.3 CVS snapshot, I ran into
a problem where the compilation failed with the messages:

#error "GCC no longer implements <varargs.h>."
#error "Revise your code to use <stdarg.h>."

This comes from cccp.c in omniidl, and is caused by the fact that the
guarding HAVE_VPRINTF is never defined.

I think something like the following patches should fix this

-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----
*** configure.ac~       Tue Feb 25 10:38:39 2003
--- configure.ac        Wed Mar 12 14:34:48 2003
***************
*** 82,88 ****
  AC_CHECK_FUNCS(getaddrinfo gethostname getopt getpid gettimeofday)
  AC_CHECK_FUNCS(isinf insinff isinfl nanosleep sigaction sigvec
snprintf)
  AC_CHECK_FUNCS(strcasecmp strdup strerror stricmp strncasecmp
strtoul)
! AC_CHECK_FUNCS(strtoull strtouq uname vsnprintf)
  AC_LANG(C++)

  OMNI_HAVE_ISNANORINF
--- 82,88 ----
  AC_CHECK_FUNCS(getaddrinfo gethostname getopt getpid gettimeofday)
  AC_CHECK_FUNCS(isinf insinff isinfl nanosleep sigaction sigvec
snprintf)
  AC_CHECK_FUNCS(strcasecmp strdup strerror stricmp strncasecmp

 strtoul)
! AC_CHECK_FUNCS(strtoull strtouq uname vsnprintf vprintf)
  AC_LANG(C++)

  OMNI_HAVE_ISNANORINF
-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----

and

-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----***
acconfig.h.in~      Mon Jan  6 10:11:54 2003
--- acconfig.h.in       Wed Mar 12 14:29:59 2003
***************
*** 159,164 ****
--- 159,167 ----
  /* Define to 1 if you have the `vsnprintf' function. */
  #undef HAVE_VSNPRINTF

+ /* Define to 1 if you have the `vprintf' function. */
+ #undef HAVE_VPRINTF
+
  /* define if you want mutexes to be traced */
  #undef OMNIORB_ENABLE_LOCK_TRACES

Unfortunately I don't seem to have recent enough autoconf at hand to
test this.

Harri