[omniORB-dev] Patches for IDL stub generation

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:33:11 +0000

On Friday 28 February, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> Note that the patch file mentions several files which are no longer
> needed afaict: python/CosNaming* (now generated automatically, but in a
> different style than before; is that OK Duncan?),

Yes, although see my comment in my other mail that I think CosNaming
should still be installed in the place it always used to be.

>    and acinclude.m4 (is this needed by pre-2.53 autoconf??).

acinclude.m4 is required. It is one of the inputs to aclocal that
generates aclocal.m4.

> btw, many of the "patches" are for files generated by ./configure but
> which are included in the distro anyway. The actual necessary patches
> are quite small.

The files in the distribution that you have patched are used in the
case that autoconf is not being used. They are important, and need to
remain the way they were!

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --