[omniNotify] omniNotify error building

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon May 8 09:56:51 BST 2017

On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 15:55 +0000, Spence, Jeffrey L CTR via
omninotify-list wrote:

> I am trying to build omniNotify, omniORB, and omniORBpy. I've gotten
> errors
> in omniNotify. The file is RDIstrstream.h and the erros are:
>
> RDIstrstream& RDIstrstream::operator<<(long int) cannot be
> overloaded line 65

omniORB and omniORBpy are still actively (albeit slowly) developed, but
I'm afraid omniNotify has been rather dormant. The people who
originally wrote it have moved on.

The operator errors look like they are probably a result of compiler
type differences where int, long and long long are not distinct types.
You can probably safely remove the clashing operators.

If you do make some fixes, please send a patch to this mailing list.

Regards,