[omniNotify] Re: OmniNotify with Omniorb 4.0.6+ on windows

Tamas Kerecsen kerecsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 14:04:51 BST 2006

Duncan,

One more questions, and a couple of improvement suggestions:

Question: I compared the 407 tarball with the latest one, and although I was
looking hard enough for my eyes to pop out of their sockets, I couldn't find
the change that fixed the DLL linkage. Could you please give me a hint? :)

Suggestions: omninotify doesn't compile with VC8 as-is. But that could be
fixed with some minor changes...
1. A couple of files use the #include <iostream.h> syntax, which (although I
thought it was part of the C++ standard) is not supported by VC8. Not
wanting to waste time on it, I just added an iostream.h/fsteam.h/iomanip.h
file to the include directory with nothing but "#include <iostream or
fstream or iomanip> / using namespace std;" in them. This made omninotify
compile OK, which means that a proper search and replace combined with
appropriate #defines would do the trick.
2. DEBUG.mk sets RDI_OPT_FLAG = -O2 . VC8 doesn't like O2 and RTC1 in the
same command line (and instead of ignoring O2, it aborts compilation :( ). I
guess -Od is more appropriate for debugging anyway.

Thanks,
  Tamas