[omniNotify] OmniNotify with Omniorb 4.0.6+ on windows

Tamas Kerecsen kerecsen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 13:58:18 BST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to compile notifd with omniorb 4.0.7 with VC++6 and VC++8.

Built with VC++6, notifd compiles and runs, but if you try to bind to it
with a client (I used the struct_push_consumer, as per the example), the
client gets a CORBA::UNKNOWN exception when it tries to do a _narrow on
either EventChannel or ChannelFactory.

Built with VC++8 (the free "express" version), notifd crashes with an access
violation when a client tries to bind.

If I compile 4.0.3 with VC6++, all goes well. Notifd runs and I can bind to
it with the clients. (I've also tried 4.0.6, but the resulting notifd also
threw an UNKNOWN.)

I would really like to use VC8 because of the improved C++ compatibility,
and the price (free :)). I tried to get 4.0.3 to compile with VC8, but it
turned out to be way more complicated than I thought, so I abandoned that
effort.

Has anyone done anything similar? Any ideas/tips/experiences?

Thanks!!!