[omniNotify] Question about subscription_change notification

Welch, Jay jay.welch at transcore.com
Fri Jan 14 18:35:35 GMT 2005

Hello,
    For some unknown reason there are times when my notify_subscribe callback method is not being called on the 'Server' when I am calling modify_constraints
and/or add_constraints on my clients. First of all let me give the details of my platform. Client side is Windows 2000 or XP the ORB is omniORB4.0.5 compiling with Visual Studio version 7.1. The server side is Windows 2003 Server with omniNotify as the Notfication Service and JacORB 1.4.4 as the ORB. Since I am using JacORB my notify_subscribe method is written in Java. One question comes to mind is what if notify_subscribe is called before a previous attempt has completed. This may have something to do with JacORB but I was wondering if somebody familiar with how the call back is setup can shed some light on this. In light of my current situation what debug flags should I turn in the notif config file that may help me see what is going on with the notify_subscribe being called. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay Welch
Transcore
192 Technology Parkway
Suite 500