[omniNotify] Test of notifd with NDEBUG

Frederic Prin frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Fri Nov 26 18:58:40 GMT 2004

Hi Mark,

I found your post regarding “Test of notifd with NDEBUG”

I am investigating HUGE memory leaks I found in notifd (so HUGE that I
think I did something wrong
)

I still use version 2.0beta but since the 2.1 version do not fix any
memory leak I did do upgrade.

Anyway, when flooding notifd with a sender/receiver pair of test program
(structured event, push supplier, push consumer) sending 1000 structured
event each 10 minutes, I can see the memory to grow and never fall down.

I already asked to the list a while ago if anyone has experienced such
an issue but got no positive answer.

So now I am wondering if I am running a NDEBUG version.

Is there something special to do (on my omniNotify2.0beta package) to
enable NDEBUG builds ?

Another point is the notifd.cfg file: do you use special settings
regarding the garbage collector ?

Please, can you send me your notifd.cfg file ?

Thanks a lot

Fred

                              (
     Frédéric Prin          )