[omniNotify] omninotify 2.0 and modulo

Emmanuel Taurel taurel at esrf.fr
Fri May 7 11:25:45 BST 2004

Hello everybody,

We are using omniNotify and filtering. In our filter constraints, we
sometimes use modulo. We know that it is not part of
the CORBA standard but it is very usefull for us. With a omniNotify 2.0
latest release that I downloaded in October 2003, everything worked
fine.
It does not with the official 2.0 release !!

The problem comes from switch default cases added in the
DRI_RVM::_widenAndResultKinds() method in the RDIRVM.cc
file. If, in the official release 2.0, I remove the two default cases
added between the release I downloed in October and the official 2.0
release (line 291/292 and 326/327), everything works fine as before.

What are the consequence of removing these two switch default cases ?
Do you continue to support "modulo" in filter constraint ?

Thank's for your answers

Emmanuel Taurel (taurel at esrf.fr)