[omniNotify] Event Service test suite.

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Wed May 5 01:19:23 BST 2004

Hello,

Congratulations on the 2.0 release.

I've just run omniNotify through my Event Service (v1.1) spec.
compliance test suite. It's just a bunch of Python scripts that I wrote
to test omniEvents when I was reimplementing it.

The new omniNotify passes all of the compliance tests except the tests
for disconnect callbacks. These are a vital part of the Event Service
1.1 spec, and they should be pretty easy to add in. I've attached the
complete set of test result below.

If you are interested, you can find the tests in omniEvents/test:
http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/omnievents/omniEvents/test/
Look in analysis.txt & tests.txt for analysis of the spec. and test
definitions.

Hope you find this useful.

-Alex

--
:: alex tingle
:: 58 kings way, harrow, mddx. uk. HA1 1XU

--
% python test.py -ORBInitRef
'Channel=corbaname::localhost#EventChannel.EventChannel'
passed: PPshC-1
passed: PPshC-3
passed: PshC-1
passed: PshC-2
FAILED: PPshC-2
passed: PshC-5
passed: PPulS-1
passed: PPulS-3
passed: PulS-2
passed: PulS-3
passed: PulS-4
FAILED: PPulS-2
passed: PulS-5: got exception OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
passed: PulS-6: got exception OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
passed: PPulS-8: got exception OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
passed: PPulC-2
passed: PPulC-3
passed: PPulC-works
FAILED: PulC-2
passed: PulC-3
passed: PPshS-2: got exception BAD_PARAM
passed: PPshS-3: got exception AlreadyConnected
passed: PPshS-works
FAILED: PPshS-1
passed: PshS-2: got exception OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
%