[omniNotify] Issue with Linux Rhel3-64 platform

Frederic Prin frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Mon Jul 5 17:10:05 BST 2004

Hi,

After having ported omniORB-4.0.3 and omniNotify2.0beta to a Red Hat
Enterprise Linux WS release 3 with an AMD 64bit architecture I have
strange behavior:

- On one hand, I am unable to make omniNotify work* when the sender and
the receiver are not located on the same rhel3-64 machine,
- On the other hand, I am able to connect a client to a server running
on rhel3-64 platform even if the client is running on another host.
In both case the name service and the notification service runs in
another third machine.

*by work, I mean that the sender normally sends an events (using
push_structured_event) and the receiver receive it. It's not an issue
related to omniNotify (notifd) but certainly libCOSNotify4 lib.

It seems there is an issue with the network layer of omniNotify
regarding this platform

Any idea ?

Thanks

                              (