[omniNotify] Port to AIX

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Oct 29 16:23:33 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 28 October, "zszyj" wrote:

> I've successfully built omniNotify 2.0 on AIX5L with omniORB4, and
> the compiler is vacpp6. But for platform porting, some changes are
> required in the section "ifdef AIX" in the file
> "<NOTIFY_TOP>/mk/beforeauto.mk.in". See the detail information
> below.

That's good. I assume Bob will check it in.

> a. Correct line 931. It's clearly that a ahead "#" denotation is
> missed in the comment text:
>
> Incorrect text:
> error Not supported yet. Too nasty.

Actually, that was an intentional error, to make sure the build failed
on AIX. The aim was to make sure anyone trying to build on AIX looked
at the rules to make sure they were right, rather than blindly using
the wrong rules.  Now you've figured out what the rules should be, the
error can be removed.