[omniNotify] Latest omniNotify 2 alpha update

Robert E. Gruber gruber at research.att.com
Thu Oct 23 10:49:21 BST 2003

We are now using the dev branch (omniNotify2_develop) in preparation for

the upcoming 2.0 release.   I have checked in the changes described in

my previous email (deadlock fixes, all locks acquired using helper

objects) into the dev branch.  There is also now support for object GC

for long-lived notifd: see channel.cfg for details.

It would be great if some people could check out the omniNotify2_develop

branch and try it out.  This page describes how to do that.

http://www.research.att.com/~ready/omniNotify/nfy_beta_download.html

If you are getting snapshots rather than using CVS, you may have to wait a day for the
latest code to be available in a snapshot.  (Duncan, would you be willing to send email
when the latest snapshot reflects the changes I just checked in?)

BTW I will be traveling so I won't be able to respond to email until Monday.

Thanks,

-- Bob