[omniNotify] omniNotify 2.0

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jun 19 18:41:08 BST 2003

On Wednesday 18 June, "Robert E. Gruber" wrote:

> I believe Duncan also has autoconf working for omniNotify, and I'd
> like to include that support in the 2.0 release.

Yes, autoconf is working, in the SourceForge CVS.

I have also just checked in the changes to support omniNotify on
Windows. Aside from the usual platform differences, I encountered some
problems with the omniORB DLL handling, and a compiler bug in Visual
C++. The result of that is that I've had to change some things about
the IDL compiler output. To get omniNotify to work, you need to get
the current CVS contents of omniORB, and do a clean build of that,
before building omniNotify.

I haven't completely tested the Windows port yet, so there may still
be problems with it. The examples all seem to work ok.