[omniNotify] Mapping Filters and Persistence

Robert E. Gruber gruber@research.att.com
Thu Feb 13 14:16:01 2003

I do not plan to implement persistence any time soon, but perhaps
someone else might be interested.

This would not be a trivial project.  If someone wanted to work on it,
I would be willing to support that effort by answering questions and
helping to resolve issues as they come up.

Mapping filters: I believe they only map certain values,
timeout and priority, neither of which would work
as a 'supplied from' field.
I think there is an OMG spec on managing networks of
event channels.  omniNotify does not support it, but you might at least
look at it and check which notification services do support it.

-- Bob