[omniNotify] Windows Linking Problems

Welch, Jay jay.welch at transcore.com
Thu Aug 7 15:02:48 BST 2003

Hi all,
   Looking through the archives I have seen some mention about some issues
porting omniNotify to windows. The problem is when linking the
CosNotify402_rt.lib and CosNotify402_rt.exp.
    Message: CosNotify402_rt.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
>::_Sentry_base etc...
    Along with other symbols that refer to the standard library. In my
limited experience with windows development I do believe this error is
caused by the common mistake of using mis-matched compiler options between
the various builds of the libraries. I was wondering if someone could help
me in finding the appropriate config files that I can check to make sure
that the appropriate -MD or -MDd options are being set. By the way this
build is on a Windows 2000 machine and the config platform is
x86_nt_4.0_vs_7. I appreciate any and all responses to this question.

Jay Welch
3500 Parkway Lane
Suite 600
Norcross GA. 30092